Mission Statement and Rules for an Incorporated Associations
The School Library Association of Victoria (SLAV) is the Peak Professional Body for School Libraries in Victoria. As the peak professional body, SLAV offers dynamic, inspiring opportunities for teacher-librarians, librarians and library teams to build their essential role in engaging and developing lifelong learners.
The purpose of the association is:
- To encourage the establishment of acceptable standards for school libraries.
- To encourage acceptable standards in librarianship amongst persons engaged in school library work.
- To promote the role of the school library in education and lifelong learning.
- To promote best practice in the administration of school libraries.
- To encourage discussion and research of all aspects of school libraries.
- To liaise and support people and groups with like-minded goals.
(As defined in the 2013 SLAV Rules for an Incorporated Association Adopted by SLAV Council 20 July 2013)
The School Library Association of Victoria (SLAV) offers dynamic, inspiring opportunities for teacher-librarians, librarians and library team members to build their essential role in engaging and developing lifelong learners. SLAV encourages and supports members to have an advocacy role in their school setting, and beyond, with the following resources.
Join the SLAV ning School Libraries Achieving Results and contribute to the ongoing conversation and action.