Mac. Robertson Girls’ High School – Library Technician, Communications Officer, including Website Manager – ES 1-3
Check out the following web link Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School website for further information regarding.
A 0.8 role over 5 days with a 30-minute lunch break (which I have indicated is negotiable) will have a start time of 10.15 and a finish time of 4.45.
The vacancy closes April 17 (Easter Monday)
Specific Responsibilities are:
- Timetabled circulation desk, including loans, returns, reservations and basic reference enquiries
- Monitor overdues trends, notices, VCE loans, staff loans and follow up where required
- Provide assistance to students and staff by directing them to appropriate learning resources
- Supervision of students before, during and after school in the LRC with the LRC team as per roster.
- Maintain the appearance of the library through the shelving of books, rearrangement of lighter furniture, preparation of displays, and tidying etc
- Manage the display and promotion of LRC resources within the school
- Undertake bibliographic searching and verification using computerised databases and bibliographic tools and Access-It database maintenance
- Assist with the lending of some AV equipment such as laptops and cameras
- Assist users with Learning Resource Centre based equipment such as photocopier, binder and paper cutter.
- Disseminate information to teaching staff and students as necessary.
- Lead the biennial stocktake of LRC resources
- Provide assistance with the Premiers’ Reading Challenge
- Manage the Access-It patron database
- Attend ES meetings, LRC meetings and professional development days when possible.
- Provide assistance with the development of the Year 9 Information Literacy program
- Assist in the identification of own training needs
The Selection Criteria are:
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a learning environment.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support to and supervision of students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of library systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position. A knowledge of “Access-It” library system, preferable but not essential, or other library software systems.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively in a team with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
SC6 Specific training and relevant experience as a library technician including aspects of resource management, both digital and non-digital, and relevant qualification e.g. Diploma of Library and Information Services.
SC7 Demonstrated interest in and understanding of the use of technology to support teaching and learning programs.
Other information is:-
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of the Learning Resource Centre and the LRC Team in the delivery of Library and information services to students and teachers.
Under general direction, this will include:
- Providing basic reference and information services for library users,
- helping maintain and operate the “Access-It” library system,
- Manage and develop the Learning Resource Centre website using the LibGuides software system,
- Circulation of audio-visual and other equipment used in the delivery of curriculum and other school programs.
As a member of the Library team, the person will be required to work within established routines and procedures and support LRC policies.
Work is performed under supervision and using established routines, procedures and support LRC policies
Applicants should hold, at a minimum, a Diploma of Library/Information Services and should provide a copy of the certification of these qualifications when applying for the position.
Applicants are advised to address each of the Selection Criteria in their application. It is possible this position may become an ongoing position in 2018.
They should include a copy of their academic transcript which proves their eligibility to apply for this position.
They should include the contact details (mobile, email and names) of three Referees who can be contacted by the Selection Panel to support evidence provided in application and at interview.
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received by Monday April 17th