School Library Association of Victoria
Executive Officer Position – Information for applicants
The School Library Association of Victoria is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated professional to act as Executive Officer of the Association.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced educator and manager with the right skills and extensive knowledge of current school library issues, to continue to take SLAV forward at this pivotal time.
The role of the Executive Officer is to manage the programs and activities that enact the Association’s mission of:
- advocacy for school libraries, teacher-librarians and library staff,
- leadership for the profession, and
- provision of collegial support.
The Executive Officer will work in collaboration with the SLAV Committee of Management and Council. For a detailed outline of the duties associated with this role please refer to 2017_SLAV-EO-job-outline
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
- vision and creativity,
- high level of interpersonal skills,
- ability to clearly articulate current school library and future educational directions,
- high level written and verbal communication skills,
- business and financial management skills,
- ability to identify and sustain effective partnerships,
- self-motivation and commitment to tasks, and
- diverse problem-solving skills and a high degree of original and independent thinking.
In return, we can offer a supportive working environment, flexible working conditions and a negotiable remuneration package.
The School Library Association of Victoria is the Peak Professional body for School Libraries in Victoria and is a not-for-profit, membership-based professional association representing school libraries and school library personnel from government, independent and catholic schools across Victoria.
For further information contact SLAV at: email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 May 2017, 5.30pm
School Library Association of Victoria,
Level 2, 90 Maribyrnong Street,
Ph: 0428 110 433
Library Assistant – Yeshiva Beth Rivkah Colleges
|Position Title||Library Assistant|
|Campus||Beth Rivkah Secondary|
|Beth Rivkah Secondary School is seeking an experienced part time Library Assistant to assist the librarian in providing information services to the school community.
Library qualifications and experience preferred. Must have a current Working with Children Check.
|Requirements||Interested applicants should apply online and are required to submit a covering letter, a full resume including three current referees and a current Working With Children Check.|
|Commencement Date||May 2017 or any time shortly thereafter|
|Employment Status||Part Time|
|Contract Specification||Ongoing Contract|
|For more information or to submit a cv please contact||BRSC_Careers@ybr.vic.edu.au|
|Detailed Role Description||For a detailed Role Description please see below|
|Applications Close||9:00am Monday, 22 May 2017|
The role of the Library Assistant is the assist the Librarian in providing information services to the school community. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of physical environment of the library to ensure a pleasant space for staff and students to work
- Circulation of library materials using Oliver, the automated library program
- Processing of new materials, and repairs and maintenance to existing collection
- Assisting with library displays
- Supervision of students in the library
- Provision of advice and assistance to staff and students regarding specific information needs
Teacher Librarian – Luther College Croydon
We are seeking the services of an engaging and enthusiastic Teacher Librarian, with the capacity to assist the Library Resource Manager with the organisation, operation, service delivery and supervision of the Library Resource Centre.
Experience in development and implementation of information skills programs, resource-based learning programs and information literacy and literature programs in Secondary Schools will be advantageous. A background in digital literacies is preferable.
This is a part-time (0.4 FTE) fixed-term position, replacing a staff member on parental leave, commencing 13 June to 14 December 2017.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter, indicating your teaching methods;
- Curriculum Vitae, including your qualifications and experience;
- The names and contact details of three professional referees (one must be your current Principal); and
- Evidence of current Teaching registration (your VIT Registration number)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12:00 PM on Monday 15 May 2017
via email to Kate Manley, Human Resources Manager on email@example.com
As Luther College is committed to child safety, we require all applicants to undergo a rigorous screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the College’s Child Protection Program. Visit our website for more information and for a copy of our Child Protection and Safety Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Applicants must be willing to support the School’s approach to excellence in Christian co-education.