Advertising a position on our Employment Opportunities page is a benefit of membership of the association and is free of charge to our members.
Please email the SLAV office at email@example.com with brief details of the position being advertised, ensuring that you specify a closing date for applications, and the web address of any links you wish included. Adverts may be edited by SLAV to maintain brevity.
We refer our members to this page in our fortnightly enewsletter, thus bringing the information to a large audience. If you are not a member of the association, but would like to advertise a role, please contact the office for payment options.
Director of Library and Information Services
A teacher librarian is required for the position of Director of Library and Information Services to lead a team of passionate and enthusiastic library professionals.
Assumption College is a contemporary Catholic co-educational college catering for students Years 7-12 located in Kilmore.
The position is full time & ongoing, commencing 2023.
For additional information and the role description please head to the College website at https://www.assumption.vic.edu.au/employmentApplications close 19 September 2022.
The King David School in Armadale requires an experienced Library Technician with proven expertise in the area of all things “e”.
They will provide library services at the Senior Campus to support the teaching and learning program of the school by maintaining the smooth day-to-day running of the library. This involves monitoring bookings and creating a warm and welcoming environment.
The role involves administrative and technical responsibilities, including accessioning, creating data for materials and books, circulation duties, stock maintenance, and overdue.
This is a full-time position to be worked school terms only and commences in January 2023.
Prerequisites include a Diploma of Library and Information Services and/or a teaching degree, as well as previous experience working within a school environment.
A position description is available on our website www.kds.vic.edu.au.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 September 2022
Teacher Librarian (0.6)
Kardinia International College is a K-12 non-denominational independent school located in Geelong, Victoria, Australia with easy access from Melbourne.
The Library Services Team aims to proactively create a resource-rich learning environment which supports the many and varied curriculum programs offered by the College.
We invite applications from appropriately qualified and experienced Teacher Libraianrians for this part-time, ongoing position in our Junior School to commence Term 1 2023. The spread of days and hours can be negotiated with the successful applicant.The position description for this role is available on the College website: https://www.kardinia.vic.edu.au/about/employment/
VIT registration is essential and applicants must be willing to support and adhere to the College's Child Safe Policy and practices.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Enquiries and applications (including a cover letter and resume) should be emailed directly to: email@example.comPlease address the selection criteria in your application.
Kardinia International College welcomes applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.Closing date: 30 September 2022
Senior Library Technician
We are seeking a Senior Library Technician to join the team at our Keysborough campus. The successful candidate will require the capability to:
1. Perform point of contact duties including circulation, student and staff assistance, reference and research enquiries, printing and photocopying.
2. Assist in managing the day-to-day running of the Library under the guidance of the relevant Head of Library or Director of Library and Information Services.
3. Create a warm and welcoming library and maintain a safe, healthy, friendly, learner centred environment for staff and students.
4. Promote the library as a learning hub in the School, including through posters and electronic displays.
5. Supervision of students in the library during classes, break times, before school and after school shifts.
6. Assist with the maintenance of the Library Management System, including original and copy (SCIS) cataloguing, stocktake, weeding and editing existing records to maintain the integrity of the database, in liaison with the Digital Services Librarian.
7. Undertake relevant Professional Development including for cataloguing, library management system, SCIS and RDA.
8. Acquisition and end-processing of resources including department resources.
9. Continue to develop a library collection that supports the curriculum, as well as provides resources for recreational purposes.
10. Engage in children’s and YA fiction resource management.
11. Maintain a strong knowledge of print and online resources.
12. Assist the Digital Services Librarian in maintaining and promoting online services.
13. Maintain the collection of periodicals and newspapers.
14. Assist in the implementation and communication of the student Library Committee or Maker Space in collaboration with the relevant Head of Library or Director of Library and Information Services.
15. Ensure continuity of supplies such as barcodes, covering materials, stationery etc.
16. Ensure presentation of collections is maintained including shelving.
17. Other duties that are commensurate with the classification of this role.
More information about the position can be found here.
Applications close 01/10/2022