In SLAV’s sixtieth year, this conference is the first in a year of celebration. The conference theme, ‘School Libraries: Powering Learning’, is also the theme for the 2020 Professional Learning Program and it clearly acknowledges the school library’s central role in powering, supporting and leading learning.
- Keynote Address: Professor Emerita Dianne Oberg
School libraries: Powering ethical and intercultural learning
- Featured Address: Monica Bini, VCAA Curriculum Manager for the Capabilities,
VCE Extended Investigation and VCE Philosophy
Powering up the capabilities
- Featured Address: Dr Claire Scoular, Australian Council of Educational Research (ACER)
Integration of the general capabilities: Assessment, teaching, and pedagogy
- Concurrent Sessions
1. Bridget Forster - Libraries: Fuel for powering the learning of our bright sparks
2. Adria Juros - Re-imagine. Re-discover. Re-connect: Collaborating to inspire learners
3. Diana Kelly - Preparing students for 21st Century learning through supporting students in the general capabilities
4. Jennifer Cain - Creating knowledge building skills: Supporting the IB Learner Profile and MYP
5. Karin Gilbert and Rosalie Austin - Aligning critical and creative thinking with the research skills framework, strategy and practice
6. Joanne Lowe and Fiona Longfield - Critical consumers in a digital world
FYI: the journal for the information professionalFYI is the quarterly print publication from the School Library Association of Victoria.
It aims to provide informative articles on a range of topics that are discussed and set by its Editorial Committee annually. The topics are chosen for their relevance to current issues which concern teacher-librarians, both secondary and primary in public and private schools. The topics range from technology to literature; from teaching students the information skills they will need in the twenty-first century to developing in students the skills and desire to become lifelong readers.
SUMMER issue 2020
Contributions are invited for the next issue of FYI.
Contact Mary Manning, Editor FYI on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas.
Due date for articles 28 NovemberLearn more
SynergySynergy (ISSN 1448-5716) is published twice annually (May and October) by the School Library Association of Victoria (SLAV) . The current issue of Synergy can be accessed via the Members Only section of this Website.
Its aim is to bring to members a wider view of the world of school librarianship with particular emphasis on current research, directions and ideas in educational practice.