Professional Learning Events and Resources
SLAV Professional Learning 2017: Theme: “Collaborating beyond the school walls – engaging students, teachers, parents and the community”
Building upon the previous years programs this year we take collaborative learning beyond the schools walls by focussing on engaging with parents and the greater community to improve student learning outcomes
We will do this to:
- increase school library staff capacity and expertise.
- engage more fully with teachers and students to deliver better student outcomes.
- be an interface that parents and the greater community have with the school.
- support the implementation of the Victorian Curriculum
- develop school library staff capacity to enhance student outcomes
- encourage teacher librarians to engage in peer to peer teaching to enhance the capacity of all teachers
- incorporate, critical thinking, digital learning and research skills in the Curriculum
- explore new learning tools and inquiry methods that provide opportunities for library staff to employ a variety of creative and innovative collaborative methods to deliver programs.
- further develop a ‘learning commons’ framework to support curriculum planning and shared learning resources
- increase skills and knowledge in school library practice
- work collaboratively with teachers, parents and students to foster 21st century learning
SLAV as a leader in School Libraries is committed to showcasing SLAV members achievements and activities, big and small, at our Conferences, Workshops and in our Journals. We need your assistance to be able to plan the year effectively, so completing the Expression Of Interest Form (EOI – see below) gives us an indication of delegate numbers for each event Expression of Interest to attend 2017 SLAV PL Events
We would like to invite you to submit a proposal(s) for the year . so please download and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 2017 Call for Papers and Presenters
2017 Program Outline
|17-03-17||Conference||Weaving the Future: Inquiry Learning within a Digital Curriculum||Treacy Centre – Parkville|
|24-03-17||Workshop||Creating sustainable school libraries in uncertain times||Dream Factory – Footscray|
|27-04-17||Workshops||Coding: Basic and Advanced – 1/2 day Workshops||Graduate House – Carlton|
|29-05-17||Conference||Primary School Libraries: engaging students, teachers and parents||Graduate House – Carlton|
|10-08-17||Premier Conference||Interpreting Data: Supporting Literacy and Learning through the School Library||Bayview Eden – Queens Pde Melbourne|
|11-08-17||Masterclass||Supporting librarians in adding data literacy skills to information literacy instruction – Follow up to Conference Keynote||Dream Factory – Footscray|
|24-11-17||Conference||Choose, Read, Succeed: Partnerships of Practice||Catholic Leadership Centre|
|TBC||School Library Visits||3 School Libraries visits per day (Regions – Suburban and Rural)||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Advanced Searching – Google and Beyond||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Augmented/Virtual Reality||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Becoming a Leader –> In the Library, in the School and in the Community||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Collection Development||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Communication and Advocacy||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Critical Thinking Tools||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||eBooks – Melbourne and Regional (Location TBC)||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Library Management Systems||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Planning a new Library||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Staff Management – Conflict Resolution and Change Management||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Strategic planning for your Library – including writing a Strategic Plan and Budgeting||TBC|
|TBC||Possible Workshops||Using Google Apps||TBC|
2016 Resources are now available for the following workshops and conferences.
Please log in to access and download.
- Student Centred, Curriculum Centred: Exploring the new Victorian Curriculum March 18 2016
- LibGuides from a Practitioners view: A workshop for all School Library staff 29 April 2016
- Redesigning thinking in Libraries 11 May 2016
- Strategic Planning for School Libraries 29 July 2016
- Collaborative Learning, SLAV’s Premier Conference for 2016 19 August 2016
- Learning and Teaching with Technology 6 October 2016
- Engaging Teen Readers 25 November 2016
2015 Resources are now available for the following workshops and conferences.
Please log in to access and download.
- LibGuides Workshops, March 10 and 11
- Conference – AusVELS: Constructng new Learners, March 2015
- Google Apps Workshop May 14 2015
- Courageous Conversations Workshop June 10 2015
- iPAds Workshop July 16 2015
- Conference – It’s a Digital World August 7 2015
- Change Management Workshop September 9 2015
- eBooks and eResources Workshop October 29 2015