Membership of SLAV comes with the following benefits
Download the Member Benefits Brochure: slav-member-benefits
The SLAV Secretariat – offers both individual assistance to members and a first point of contact for state government, parents, principals and other teacher associations on school library issues.
- A range of conferences, masterclasses, forums and workshops, both face-to-face and online, offer examples of best practice to all members of the library team
- Our member journal FYI four times a year
- Our online research based journal Synergy twice a year
- An outstanding network of branches offer local support and advice
- Substantial discounts for professional development activities
- Recognised and supported by the Department of Education & Training: Victoria (DET) & Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) as a recognised provider of professional learning.
- With the Australian Professional Teachers Association (APTA) (APTA) which provides a national voice for over 120,000 teachers across all sectors through SLAV’s representation on the Council of Professional Teacher Association of Victoria (CPTAV).
- Local, national and international with like-minded organisations and key stakeholders, such as:
- Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA)
- State Library of Victoria (SLV)
- Education Services Australia (ESA) and SCIS
- National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) and the
- Department of Education and Training (DET).
- SLAV is a partner association of the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL) which entitles SLAV members to access to the IASL members-only website area, newsletters etc. Through this partnership, and active cooperation with the international community, SLAV fosters international connections that facilitate access to global educational research, innovation and best practice in school libraries.
- SLAV has collaborative working relationships with a range of tertiary institutions that offer training to those who work in school libraries at all levels.
Fees – PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP
|2020 Student membership
|2020 Retired membership
|2020 Personal membership
Fees – MEMBERSHIP
|2020 SLAV Associate membership (Interstate/International)
| 2020 SLAV Corporate membership (incl. 2 copies FYI)
Fees – PRIMARY SCHOOL membership
|2020 Primary school only
Fees – BASED ON NUMBER OF STUDENTS
|2020 Schools with less than 500 students
|2020 Schools with 500-1000 students
|2020 Schools with 1001-1500 students
|2020 Schools with 1501-2000 students
|2020 School with 2001+ students
All prices are inclusive of GST.
For Membership enquires contact the SLAV secretariat or phone: 0477 439 593.Join online