Membership of SLAV comes with the following benefits
Download the Member Benefits Brochure: slav-member-benefits
- The SLAV Secretariat – offers both individual assistance to members and a first point of contact for state government, parents, principals and other teacher associations on school library issues.
- Professional Learning
- A range of conferences, workshops and online forums that address a diversity of roles and needs at local level that is created in consultation with members
- Our member journal FYI four times a year
- Our online research based journal Synergy twice a year
- Savings – Substantial discounts for professional development activities.
- Professional Acknowledgement –
- Recognised and supported by the Department of Education & Training: Victoria (DET)
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) recognised professional development.
- Professional Representation – with the Australian Professional Teachers Association (APTA) (APTA) which provides a national voice for over 120,000 teachers across all sectors through SLAV’s representation on the Council of Professional Teacher Association of Victoria (CPTAV).
- Partnerships – local, national and international with like-minded organisations and key stakeholders, such as: Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA), State Library of Victoria (SLV), Education Services Australia (ESA) and SCIS, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) and the Department of Education and Training (DET).
- Through SLAV’s international connections you have access to global educational research, innovation and best practice in school libraries.
- A Unified Voice – in promoting the value of school libraries as key partners in learning.
- Annual Awards – Access to SLAV’s awards that recognise best practice and research and innovation within our profession as well as exemplary leaders.
Fees – PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP
|2018 SLAV Associate membership (Interstate/International)
|2018 Student membership
|2018 Retired membership
|2018 Personal membership
Fees – PRIMARY SCHOOLS
|2018 Primary school only
Please note: This fee is not dependent on the number of students
Fees – BASED ON NUMBER OF STUDENTS
|2018 Schools with less than 500 students||$170
|2018 Schools with 500-1000 students
|2018 Schools with 1001-1500 students
|2018 Schools with 1501-2000 students
|2018 School with 2001+ students
All prices are inclusive of GST.
For Membership enquires contact the SLAV secretariat or phone: 0477 439 593.Join online